Tuesday, July 13, 2010

come alongside me

I look into the crowd.
What are the stories here?
What are the lives that are behind those faces?
How did they end up in front of me on a Sunday morning?
What happened this week?

Who lost their jobs?

Has someone suffered the loss of a loved one this week?

Cancer?

Did someone runaway from home?

Middle of a divorce?

How am I supposed to do anything that will affect their lives for eternity.

At the same time, I have to ask:

Who started a new job?

Were there any births this week?

A clear report from the doctor?

Did the prodigal come home?

Marriages reconciled?

These are just a few questions that would unmask a world of joy and pain behind the facades that show up on a regular basis.

Man this is tough.
Just go up there and preach.
Sure. Ok.
Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment